• The leaf is flexible and can be shaped with your hands. Hold your leaf with one hand. Bend the edges at the leaf veins with the other hand.
• Hanji is a traditional, high-quality Korean mulberry paper, and has been used for centuries for various purposes.
• Hanji is also for the modern world: an eco-friendly, harvested material. Trees aren't cut down. The paper is made from the branches of one-year-old mulberry trees, which grow back.
• Hanji trays are varnished with a natural shellac which makes them water-resistant. They can be washed by gently applying running water, or wiped with a wet towel, then dried with a towel and reused.
• The shellac finish is a natural resin secreted by the female lac bug on trees in the forests of India and Thailand. It's well-known as a non-toxic food safe material.
• Shellac is vulnerable to heat and so your tray is recommended for use with cold and dry items or foods.
Adding product to your cart